Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Insurgent: Movie Review


The Divergent Series: Insurgent




Movie Review By: Meaghan Brenna Foley

       Earlier this afternoon, I went with my family to go see the sequel to the Divergent series, Insurgent. Without giving away any spoilers, I will just describe the movie using one word…EPIC!!! There was never a dull moment in the movie! It was action-packed and suspenseful up until the very end! The visual effects were also out of this world! It was simply fantastic! Shailene Woodley's amazing acting ability is truly breathtaking to watch! She is sooo talented and is by far one of the best actresses in today's day and age! What I love most about the Divergent series is the strong love and bond between Tris & Four. Their love for each other runs so deep and is grounded in such genuine compassion. I love that the characters prove their loyalty to one another on several occasions! The actors, Shailene Woodley (Tris Prior) and Theo James (Four/Tobias Eaton), have such great chemistry that radiates during every scene in the movie. In my opinion, we all hope to find our one true love...that one person who would take a bullet just to save our life. I highly recommend that you all go out to the movie theaters and see Insurgent! You won't regret it! Go on and defy gravity! Be brave and embrace your true divergence! I know I will! 




       As one who has read the books, I can honestly say that the movie stayed very true to the book's storyline. The author of the Divergent Series, Veronica Roth, is such an inspiration! I just recently learned that she is 25 years old! That is fantastic! Roth has achieved so much success at such a young age! I commend her dedication to her work and look forward to what she has in the works for the future! Her books are so enticing that you never want to put them down! The Divergent Series is the first series, since the Twilight Saga, that has absolutely inspired me and captured my heart! Are you a fan of the Divergent Series? What is your take on the epic, Tris and Four? Do you have a favorite character in the books/movies? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below! Once again, thank you for reading and following my blog! My appreciation for your love and support is beyond words! Stay tuned, as the best is yet to come! 





Check out this sneak peek of Insurgent!




Watch this last official trailer for Insurgent, in Theaters NOW!












1 comment:

  1. There are films out there where I could tell you everything that is going to happen before you sit down and watch them. You will still be amazed at how awesome they turn out to be. Insurgent is not one of those films.

    ReplyDelete