Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

Divergent: From Fiction to Reality


DIVERGENT: From Fiction to Reality


"Divergent" Movie Trailer - 2014






          I'm sure you all have heard, seen, and/or read about the Divergent series. Well, I have read all three of the main books and am currently in the process of finishing author, Veronica Roth's, latest "Divergent" novel, "Four: A Divergent Collection." This book is just as amazing as Roth's previous three books about the fierce characters of Beatrice "Tris" Prior and Tobias "Four" Eaton. The society in which they live is greatly divided into six groups of people: Dauntless, Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Erudite, and the factionless (of which we would consider to be today's homeless). Each faction possesses traits/qualities unique to its particular group. Those who defy the faction system, or possess traits from more than one faction, are considered to be…Divergent! I guess one can say that this fictional faction system may also relate to reality in that society is often divided over such important matters of life and death.



The Five Main Factions 


          Both Tris and Four made the brave choice to leave their Abnegation faction and choose Dauntless. However, I believe that their journeys to Dauntless were drastically different. The book entitled, "Four: A Divergent Collection," is namely written from Four's perspective. In my opinion, Veronica Roth did a fantastic job of telling Four's story. I relate so much more to his character now and am looking forward to seeing him be portrayed in the other Divergent movies that hit theaters over the next two to three years. I believe it is always so interesting to see the movie adaptations of one's favorite novels. As of today, my favorite "sagas" or "series" are "The Twilight Saga," "Divergent," and "The Hunger Games" (in that specific order). Each saga tells such mind blowing stories and allow the reader to travel to different worlds! I just love to read and watch movies! That is my passion and those are two of my most favorite hobbies, without a doubt! lol



"Insurgent" Movie Trailer - In Theaters March 20, 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment